Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Well THAT was dumb.

The hacker group Anonymous has been making the news lately with their DDoS attacks on government websites and hacking into and recording a phone call from the FBI and the UK Police, among many other things. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your stance), some members of Anonymous have been found and arrested by the FBI. Now, when I first heard this news, I was a bit confused. You must be new to the group, or made a critical error to allow the FBI to locate which door you hide behind. Then the story broke: there was a mole. A long time hacker called Sabu had turned rat and given up the names of his fellow hackers to the government.

I don't know the details on why he gave up information, nor do I care. I'm just trying to figure out if he put any thought into this move. Sabu is one person, who has now, angered a collective of individuals that have fought for many years to hide what he just handed over. He has pissed off a group of people that are supplying blogs with as much information as they can find on him. Someone has even gone so far as to post a picture of Sabu's front door on Twitter, and say "Nobody was home."

He should have known. Just like all the gangster movies, once you're in the family, you'd better stay in the family. When you turn on the family, the family will..... well, you've seen the movies. I have a feeling that this story is far from over. In fact, I think it's just getting started.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't wanna be anywhere NEAR his shoes. Don't tease the animals.

    ReplyDelete