Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Can't be a nerd on just ONE level


Like many with an affliction for technology, I too, share a love for a good sci-fi television show. Everyone in my house are avid Doctor Who fans, and who could blame them, really? It's a great show. But more recently, we watched Battlestar Galactica. I was hooked on that show fairly quickly, as it appealed to all my sides: futuristic technology, space, robots, Top Gun style combat, and a good deal of sex appeal (for both sexes). What's not to love?

Now, the original Battlestar Galactica was aired in 1978, and while I have been told that it was a great series, I couldn't watch it. After watching the rebooted series that aired from 2004 to 2009 with better acting and better special effects... we just could not go backwards. We tried. I'm not even sure we finished the first episode of the original series.

Watching the entire series of 4 seasons took just over a month. Honestly, I was a bit sad when it was over. I really enjoyed the show and all the characters that came with it. Apparently, Anderson Cooper is a fanboy of the show as well, and when he said: "I sort of saw this yawning chasm ahead of me, which was my life, without Battlestar Galactica", I knew exactly what he meant.

So I was elated when the news came that Machinima would be releasing a web mini-series which would then be released as a two hour movie on the Syfy channel. This version is a prequel to the 2004 series and is centered on the young life of the soon-to-be Commander Adama. Only 4 episodes have been released to far, and they just keep getting better as they go. Take a minute and check out the trailer below.


Still interested? Yeah, I know you are. You can watch the 4 currently available episodes right now, just head over to Machinima's YouTube page. They release a new episode every Friday, so make sure to check back.

Oh, and don't blame me if you turn into a Battlestar fanboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment