Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you for everything

I am glad I was lucky enough to be born in America. I can disagree with the government without fear of imprisonment. I can disagree with religion without fear of being stoned to death.

I can have black friends, Chinese friends, straight friends, gay friends, religious friends, atheist friends, and many others without fear of government or religious persecution.

We, as Americans, can afford these luxuries because of the sacrifices of the brave men and women of our Armed Forces. Whether it is a sacrifice of too much time spent away from your loved ones...



... or a sacrifice of a more permanent nature.


To our currently serving members, to the ones lucky enough to have retired, and to all the ones that came before you... thank you. Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for everything you did. Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made. Our country truly is a better place because of you.

I wish you and your family a happy and safe Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment