Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gifts of Valentine


Today is Valentine’s Day. It’s the day where you must buy something for your significant other, or else you are a worthless human being. You could give your partner a gift on every day in February, but if you neglect giving a gift on the 14th, you are sleeping on the couch, my friend.
Flowers, chocolate, candy hearts, teddy bears, etc. It will all be over priced for today, then marked down 75% tomorrow. The smart couple would do Valentine’s Day on the 15th, while the really smart couple would agree to show their love for each other every day, and not let retail stores dictate how or when to express it. I mean really. Can you put a price on love? If so, my girlfriend and I bought a house for each other. A house! Take that, Russel Stover! It is certainly more expensive, will last longer, and produce more great memories than chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears combined.
It’s not that I’m against Valentine’s Day, I’m just against the fact that it’s a holiday run by florists and chocolatiers. I love my girlfriend, and I love her will all my heart. I tell her so at least once every day. I do not need flowers nor chocolates to express how I feel.
But I will still buy some. Because I want to. Because I love her. And because I don’t want to sleep on the couch.
OK, rant over. Now will someone please explain to me what the hell the card below has to do with Velveeta?!? It’s just…. disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment