Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In your FACE!

I was working on a post about the lack of current day tech in Tallahassee, but I'm not going to post that one today because something incredible has just peeked around the corner.

Of course, it's from Google and it's called Project Glass, and it is augmented reality glasses. Don't worry, these aren't the big bulky VR monstrosities that were dreamed up in the 80's and 90's. These glasses are actually... sexy! See for yourself!


I'd be smiling and laughing too if I was wearing them.

From the Project Glass page on Google+:
We think technology should work for you—to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don’t. 
A group of us from Google[x] started Project Glass to build this kind of technology, one that helps you explore and share your world, putting you back in the moment. We’re sharing this information now because we want to start a conversation and learn from your valuable input. So we took a few design photos to show what this technology could look like and created a video to demonstrate what it might enable you to do.

There have been rumors floating around the internet about Google making some augmented realty glasses for the better part of a year now, but that is all they have ever been... rumors. Until about noon today. Unfortunately, there are no additional details about them; cost, availability, etc. A report back in February by the New York Times said the glasses were expected to go on sale "later this year", but only Google knows for sure.

But I want to know more! How exactly do they work? I can only assume they they will be linked (likely via Bluetooth) to your smartphone. And do you have to look up to see the screen? It would seem like it in the photos above, but they certainly didn't convey that in the video. I want so much more info, but can't find any. I do know, however, if I don't stop drooling over these glasses, I'm gonna short out my keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment