Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Google, I really hope you visit me!

chrome_OS_splash
It’s that time again. When the air gets a little chilly, and people all over the world enter a berserk-like frenzy in trying to go to all the retail stores in town and spend their next 9 paychecks to buy gifts for friends and family. While a very select few will get an early Festivus gift from Santa Google. Even though I signed up for the Pilot Program, sadly, I doubt I will be counted in that lucky few category that will be receiving a CR-48 Netbook from Google, as they are probably sending them to programmers, developers, and tech websites, and I am none of the above. Of well, I can still read all the reviews and watch the videos and learn as much as possible about ChromeOS that is loaded on them. I would tell you what it is, but there are so many better places to learn that from. Engadget.com has the best review I’ve seen on ChromeOS and the CR-48 and you can read that here (it has pictures and video too!). And yes, that’s really all I’ve been reading about for a few days since Google announced it.
Well, the next few weeks will be kinda busy. We are hosting a Christmas dinner for my girlfriends family (20+ people) tomorrow night (help me!), so that should be interesting. Follow that up with one more week of work, with some last-minute hectic berserk-like shopping, and then a beautiful 10 full days away from work with a trip to my dad’s place in South Carolina thrown in. I really need this break too, as the last “vacation” I had was when we bought our house and I took a week off. That wasn’t a vacation. That was working at home. Moving, unpacking, cleaning, driving, lifting, and sleeping somewhere in between. So it’s been close to 2 years since I’ve taken any decent amount of time to recharge my batteries.Yes, I really do need this.
I do apologize for the infrequent posts, but I'm not that great at keeping a schedule. Unless there's food involved. Or video games. Or sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment